Here at Casad Family Farms we use Organic, Biodynamic, and Permaculture principals to sustainably steward our 85 acres of land in Jefferson County, Oregon. 65 acres of our total land uses North Unit Irrigation water rights which provides us with clean Deschutes Basin River water to irrigate our crops. We grow mixed vegetables and root crops for farmers markets and wholesale distribution to local restaurants and grocery stores. In addition we raise hays, grains, and specialty seed crops. We also raise homestead cattle and hogs, and fresh eggs(when available). The farm is a multi-generational family farm established in 2017 in Madras Oregon. Farmer Chris was previously farming for 9 years in Bend Oregon operating as Juniper Jungle Farm.
We wish to serve our community by providing sustainably grown and vitality rich foods while cultivating our land and building the soil to flourish for many generations to come.
Annual Events on/Off Farm
- Wednesday(May-Oct) Bend Downtown Farmers Market
- Thursday(July-Sept.) WholeFoods Bend Farmers Market
- Saturday Bend NW Crossing Farmers Market
- Portland Farmers Market(TBD)
- On Site Farm Stand
- On farm and in the Field Long Table Sunset Suppers(TBD)
- Potato/Root Harvest and End of Year Ho-Down(TBD)